“He Stared at His Drooping Fingers in Disbelief”
Lesson: Locks have come a long way, but they’re not foolproof. Also: don’t stab tires to be a show off.
Editor’s note: This one isn’t about knifemaking, but it’s still worth reading.
I was at one of those big shows they hold at Las Vegas every year. The guy hawking the knife was talking about how his knife had the best grip. He was stabbing his knife through a steel belted radial tire.
As the demo went on he invited anyone from the crowd to come up and try to stab their knife through the tire. Finally, a man that looked like Charlie Daniels decided to try. He had a folder in his hand. He took two or three steps and lunged at the tire knife in hand.
I heard a crack and the big man withdrew his hand like people do when they get cut. He stared at his drooping fingers in disbelief. The lock on the lock back had broke and the folder folded closed on his fingers. The crowd gasped. The first aid guys shuffled him off.
So another big guy comes up with a rather large hunting knife. He raised his hand as high as he could and brought the blade down hard in a hammer fist motion. His hand slid down the handle on to the blade, cutting most of the way through three fingers.
That brought the dog and pony show to an end while the organizers of the show directed everyone’s attentions else where. Lesson learned: let someone else show off for the big crowd.
Introducing … Anti-Cutting Glove With Steel Wire
This safety gloves has embedded in stainless steel wire, so it can reduce the harm by sharp materials such as dagger, triangular scraper, glass, stone, etc. It can be widely used for protecting your hands when you do glassing working, metal processing, mining, food cutting and other works.
Size: 24 cm in length *12 cm in width
- Made of stainless steel wire, high-quality polyester, and high elastic chemical fiber
- With superior anti-cutting performance. Wear resistance and resistance to tearing performance
- Anti-cutting performance, knife resistant, anti-wear, anti-tear, flexible, non-slip, breathable
- Super slash/cut proof
- Suitable for glassing working, metal processing, mining, food cutting and other works
- Soft and washable just like normal gloves
- Reduce the harm by sharp materials such as dagger, triangular scraper, glass, stone, etc